SCHOOL BUS DRIVER 2020-2021 School Year QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as bus driver preferred
- Knowledge of safe driving practices, traffic and school bus regulations
- Possession of a valid school bus driver’s license
- Good physical condition
- Knowledge of first aid practices, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to exercise good judgement and extreme caution while driving
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to work with and supervise children; ability to establish and maintain proper student conduct on school vehicle
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with staff, students, and parents
- Willingness and ability to work flexible schedules
Administrator as assignedJOB GOAL:
To transport students to and from school within designated route(s) and on extracurricular activities in safe and efficient manner. To ensure the safe operation of the school bus and ensure the safety of student passengers while meeting established bus schedule.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives school bus on assigned route to carry students to and from school and on extracurricular trips
- Drives school bus with a prescribed route(s) in accordance with time schedules
- Escorts and assists students on and off vehicle and across streets when necessary
- Maintains order and proper discipline of student passengers according to District policy
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle(s) daily in accordance to law and regulations
- Cleans and washes buses; services bus with fuel as needed
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle to ensure safe operating condition
- Reports needed mechanical repairs when necessary
- Works a variety of schedules as required including evenings, split shifts, days, and/or weekends
- Works in shop performing various jobs as necessary in transportation department
- Attends various meetings and trainings including, but not limited to safety, first aid, mandated reporting, etc., as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Prorated salary based on hours worked. Eight (8) hour equivalent: $3,196 - $3,880 per monthEVALUATION:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District's "Improvement of Professional Services" handbook, Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with collective bargaining agreements when applicable.NEW PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES WHO BECOME PROBATIONARY UPON RECLASSIFICATION:
A new employee, or a permanent employee who is changed to a new classification, shall serve a probationary period, which shall not exceed six (6) months of duty time exclusive of leaves of absence or other absences. During this probationary period the employee must meet the required standards of performance to be recommended for permanent status in the classification. A probationary classified service employee may be terminated from the probationary classification at any time without cause, without right of appeal or hearing before the Board of Education. Pursuant to Education Code section 45113, a permanent employee who accepts a promotion and fails to complete the probationary period for that promotional position, shall be employed in the classification from which he or she was promoted.MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Online application and any required documents listed below must be submitted.
Copies of required certificates, transcripts or diplomas may be submitted with application. District may require that originals be presented for verification prior to employment. Please check with Human Resources regarding acceptable documents. For positions requiring college course work official transcripts will be required upon employment.
- California School Bus Driver Certificate (front and back)
- Current Medical Examiner's Certificate (front and back)
- Current DMV Driver Record Printout - Dated within 30 days of submitting application - driver record online not acceptable (To be considered, applicants must have a satisfactory driving record or history)
- Current TO-1 card
It is the applicant’s responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Some positions may require proof of privately owned automobile insurance and the possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle operator’s license. Fingerprint clearance by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the California Department of Justice is a condition of appointment after all other required job conditions have been met. Must present verification of completion of Child Abuse Mandated Reporter training or obtain verification within six (6) weeks of hire and annually thereafter, as required by the California Child Abuse Neglect Reporting Act.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may be re advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Unless otherwise notified by the District, applications received in response to this bulletin will be considered for available District positions in this classification during the current school year. Those meeting minimum qualifications, including passage of required tests, will remain active during this time. Applicants will not be individually notified of their application status. Any candidates contacting, directly or indirectly, any member of the Board of Education and/or administration with the intention of influencing their or another candidates selection to any administrative position shall be disqualified without recourse.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY
Bakersfield City School District prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying of District employees and job applicants on the basis of actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identifications, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the District’s Human Resource Administrator, at 661-631-4663, or at 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield, California 93305. A copy of BCSD’s Uniform Complaint Procedures and Non-Discrimination policies are available upon request.