THIS APPLICATION IS TO ESTABLISH A CANDIDATE POOL FOR SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS!
Transport students to and from school in accordance with state traffic and safety regulations and according to Atlanta Public Schools' schedules. This position starts out as hourly then converts to permanent as the need becomes available; morning and afternoon split shift working a total of four (4) or more hours per day.
- Transports students to and from school and other events.
- Ensures safety of students while boarding- existing and riding the bus.
- Cleans bus by sweeping- taking out trash and other duties as necessary
- Inspects safety mechanisms of bus.
- Fuels buses as needed or in the event of an emergency.
- Meets with parents and administration as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required- but previous commercial driver experience is desirable
- Georgia State Drivers? license with P and S endorsement.
- Must be able to pass Georgia basic bus driver?s certification class and maintain annual re-certification.
- Annual physical and agility testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a bus.
- Strong student management and customer service skills.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate to and from destinations.
- Ability to perform basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- $17.00 up to $25.00 per hour (See Transportation Salary Schedule)
- 11 Paid holidays per year, plus paid sick and personal leave
- Overtime eligible for field trips, summer school, sporting events, etc.
- Employer-paid contributions to health care, retirement and other benefits
- 190 Days