Maior Resgonsibilities and Duties:
- Lift and carry students with disabilities on and off the bus according to their individual needs.
- Supervise students as they board and leave bus and cross street.
- Take children into building and help them find their way.
- Learn and adapt to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Manage student behavior and report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Become familiar with all routes to and from school campus to be of assistance to driver.
- Maintain an updated route schedule.
- Supervise use of seat belts, harnesses, or car seats by students.
- Work irregular hours as needed.