The Sales and Marketing Specialist is responsible for state and or multi-county territory oversight for the implementation of the youth wellness strategy, including Dairy Optimization sales platform, Fuel Up to Play 60 and school stakeholder relationships. The Specialist must be able to foster relationships while driving for results to increase dairy sales and consumption within territory of school districts. Additional strategic objectives include:
- Enhance and protect the image of dairy.
- Provide a positive return on investment to our dairy farm families.
- Collaborate with influential partners to amplify our impact.
- Create lifelong loyalty to dairy.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Develop and implement local marketing plan, territory oversight and programming execution of Dairy Optimization, Fuel Up to Play 60 and key district relationships
- Build a local sales and marketing plan for each tier-targeted district within defined territory, using projections through data collection and calculation with the help of internal tools and resources.
- Achieve results-based performance objectives and goals leveraging Fuel Up to Play 60, Nutrition NOW sales platform and stakeholder relationships.
- Identify, develop and grow key operations and senior level decision-maker relationships (high, wide and deep) within tier-targeted districts.
- Responsible for leveraging state program data reporting (i.e. enrollment, free and reduced %, ADP, etc.) results, trends, and opportunities of territory to /with Sales Manager to reach objectives, growth targets and
- Execute tier-targeted district communication plans with the school marketing leadership team and Sales Manager resulting in school model and dairy expansion.
- Consistently and accurately update and manage tier target data into Salesforce.
Oversee district connectivity through communication, territory data analysis, support team integration across markets
- Support reporting for individual territory from School Marketing Access (SMA Database) and Salesforce to reach objectives, growth targets and goals within tier-targeted districts.
- Support implementation of stakeholder initiatives such as school breakfast roundtables, professional development trainings and dairy education efforts.
- Support implementation of NFL contests, FUTP 60 events, stakeholder conferences and other dairy education initiatives such as 1% flavored milk conversion.
- Works closely with School Marketing Communications Manager to meet or exceed expected outcomes generated by marketing communication vehicles.
Execute district grants including reviews, assessment and implementation, implement assets, support contests, media events and conferences
- Execute grants and break-even analysis ensuring a positive ROI to grow dairy sales.
- Collaborate with school marketing leadership to identify marketing and communication needs for the team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with school marketing leadership to set and participate in team School Marketing meetings and other business as needed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in marketing, school food service and/or nutrition, and 3+ years of experience in related fields or a combination of education, marketing and sales experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Sales or purchasing experience within the education sector of food service management, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of how to influence decision makers and others to achieve results.
- Knowledge and/or ability to grow dairy sales and consumption using data analysis, setting dairy-specific district goals.
- Knowledge of and experience with the structure, function and policies of state agencies involved in nutrition programs (such as the Department of Education, Department of Agriculture and the Department of Health) and the implementation policies at the district and school level.
- Knowledge of the dairy industry to reflect the industry’s integrity and provide accurate responses to questions.
- Knowledge of nutrition concepts and principles to provide and interpret accurate information.
- Knowledge of and ability to seek out current dairy nutrition research and the nutrition impact of dairy products in maintaining good health
- Skill of organizing work priorities and accomplishing a goal on time within budget.
- Skill of presentation (verbal and written) to influence decision makers.
- Skill of business acumen to make correct business decisions.
- Skill of organizing projects/programs and localizing them to meet the need of Dairy MAX and the intended audience.
- Skill of consultative information sharing with school stakeholders, health and nutrition professional partners and dairy industry as needed.
- Skill of thinking creatively to propose and execute new ideas.
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously to drive results.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to confidently present both self and ideas, orally and in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that the information is understandable and accepted as credible.
- Ability to leverage and combine independent programs into one comprehensive proposal to increase dairy consumption
- Ability to manage time and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis up to 30% within multi-county territory, including frequent overnight stays throughout Dairy MAX territory, lift to 50lbs and set up AV or other displays or equipment.
- Ability to educate and impart knowledge about the benefits of dairy products in the context of a healthy diet.
- Ability and willingness to participate in media training and appear on live television or other media outlets.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends.
DAIRY MAX IS A NONPROFIT DAIRY COUNCIL REPRESENTING MORE THAN 900 DAIRY FARM FAMILIES ACROSS EIGHT STATES.
We’re a connected group of experts in dairy farming, education, health and wellness, and business, who are fanatical about the power of dairy. An affiliate of Dairy Management Inc. and National Dairy Council, Dairy MAX was founded in 1995 to represent dairy farmers across Texas, western Oklahoma, New Mexico, southwest Kansas, and Louisiana. In 2018, the former Western Dairy Association – representing farmers across Colorado, Wyoming and Montana since 1936 – became part of the Dairy MAX family.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy MAX is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sales and Marketing Specialist