The ColoradoSchool for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB) provides children and families statewide with comprehensive, specialized educational services in safe, nurturing environments. We empower learners to become self-determined, independent contributing citizens within their communities.
The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB), located in Colorado Springs at the foot of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, invites you to consider our employment opportunities. Interested persons are invited to visit CSDB's website at … http://csdb.org/ , where the official job announcement for School Principal (Preschool to 6th Grade) / School for the Deafmay be found in its entirety, including major duties/responsibilities and qualification requirements, under Non-Classified employment. This job announcement is open until the position isfilled.
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION
- Provides leadership to and management of the education programs within the school, consistent with school policies and procedures;
- Responsibility for making determinations related to all positions within the school, including responsibility for hiring and performance evaluation;
- Fiscal responsibility for the funds allocated to all programs under their direction; and,
- Responsibility for staying abreast of current educational trends and developments in instruction, curriculum, assessment, technology and discipline as it relates to the education of students who are Deaf/hard-of-hearing.
- Master's degree in Education or related field from a regionally accredited college or university; Master’s degree in Deaf Education preferred.
- Must hold or be eligible for appropriate educator licensure in the State of Colorado endorsed as a Special Education Specialist: Deaf / hard-of-hearing, or comparable endorsement.
- Must hold or be eligible for appropriate educator licensure in the State of Colorado as a Professional Principal.
- Five (5) years successful experience as a teacher, administrator or similar position (preferred in the field of Deaf Education); three (3) years of administrative and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) at the Advanced (3+) skill level, as demonstrated through an appropriate assessment tool and according to school policy / procedure.
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time; scheduled to work the standard number of days in the academic year (as per established School Calendar, currently 210 days, August – June).
- Annual base salary shall be established pursuant to the Principal Salary Schedule and based upon appropriate experience.
- Employment is At-Will, with no actual, expressed or implied contract.
Application Instructions: Interested persons are invited to visit the CSDB website (Non-Classified Employment) to view the official job announcement in its entirety; follow the instructions to submit a complete on-line application (to include salary history and references), and to upload the following items to the on-line application: formal letter of interest, current resume, recent letters of recommendation (with signature), copies of all transcripts, and a copy of current educatorcertification. Contact information:
Chelle Lutz, Human Resources Office
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind / Website: http://csdb.org/
33 North Institute Street; Colorado Springs, CO 80903
E-mail: email@example.com; (719) 578-2114 (phone); (719) 578-2239 (fax)
CSDB is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER