The prime directive of this position is to accomplish the goals of the Instructional Leadership Team which includes: achieving scores of 9 or 10 on the API in the charter, and reaching 100% passage of the CAHSEE and 100% retention. This position interacts directly with students, parents, and teachers as needed to assess and provide recommendations for pupils with special needs. This position provides direct instructional support.
- Provide diagnostic services, counseling and recommendations for pupils with special needs.
- Review student records, organize information, and determine appropriate assessment battery.
- Observe students; assess, evaluate, analyze, diagnose, and write psychological reports.
- Assess students’ cognitive ability, social-emotional development, adaptive behavior, and language development, academic achievement, learning potential and social needs.
- Participate in the decision-making process regarding special placement of students.
- Conduct parent counseling to aid parental understanding of student’s program placement and reasonable expectations.
- Participate in Individual Education Program meetings with students and parents as needed.
- Plan, organize, and schedule calendar for IEP meetings and triennial evaluations; schedule monthly IEP meetings; establish assessment plan and coordinate with other staff.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques, strategies and trends in educational, social and emotional adjustment assessment functions.
- Knowledge of applicable and appropriate psychological and achievement appraisal instruments, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of evaluation and research techniques, strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction programs proven to be beneficial to pupils with special learning needs.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to communicate well with students, parents and teachers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Five years of successful School Psychology experience preferred.
- Master’s degree with emphasis on School Psychology preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Valid California Pupil Personnel Services Credential with school psychology authorization