The prime directive of this position is to accomplish the goals of Partners in Special Education and the client which includes 100% compliance in meeting IEP timelines, providing FAPE, and meeting the needs of the client. This position interacts directly with students, parents, and teachers as needed to assess and provide recommendations for pupils with special needs. This position provides direct instructional support.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:* (Under the supervision of a Credentialed School Psychologist)
- Provide diagnostic services, counseling and recommendations for pupils with special needs.
- Review student records, organize information, and determine appropriate assessment battery.
- Observe students; assess, evaluate, analyze, diagnose, and write psycho-educational reports.
- Assess students’ cognitive ability, social-emotional development, adaptive behavior, language development, academic achievement, learning potential and social needs.
- Participate in the decision-making process regarding special placement of students.
- Participate in SST meetings, parent conferences, and teacher/staff meetings.
- Participate in Individual Education Program meetings with students and parents as needed.
- Plan, organize, and schedule calendar for IEP meetings and triennial evaluations; schedule monthly IEP meetings; establish assessment plan and coordinate with other staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques, strategies and trends in educational, social and emotional adjustment assessment functions.
- Knowledge of applicable and appropriate psychological and achievement appraisal instruments, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of evaluation and research techniques, strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction programs proven to be beneficial to pupils with special learning needs.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to communicate well with students, parents and teachers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree with emphasis on School Psychology
- Experience working with youth in schools or similar settings preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Valid California School Psychology Intern Credential.