10-month, full-time position.
- Attend and actively participate on the Child Study Team in each building to help in planning for children with unique needs.
- Follow up effectively on recommendations of the Child Study Team for affective facilitator's actions.
- Consult with administrators regarding needed educational programs for children with special needs.
- Assess and evaluate child's needs, strengths and weaknesses via observation, interviews, tests, etc.
- Consult with individual teachers and Child Study Team members in a meaningful way to provide meaningful plans and recommendations.
- Aid the teachers in developing techniques for classroom management.
- Serve on committees for development of future programs for all children.
- Aid parents in determining priority problems of their children and affecting desired behavioral and educational change. This may achieved through individual parent conferences or through leading parent groups.
- Provide direct assistance to selected pupils to produce specific behavioral changes via individual or group therapy, classroom management or parent groups.
- Develop specific behavioral objectives within the classroom. The classroom is where the majority of the behavior occurs and the psychologists job should involve working directly with children and teachers in the classroom.
- Make appropriate referrals to other schools or outside agencies when necessary.
- Coordinate ADD screening procedures.
- Familiarize self with local agencies and to be a resource to principals, teachers, and counselors for proper referrals.
- Attend psychologists meetings.
- Serve as case manager for students with 504 plan
- Provide leadership to building RTI committee and with use of AIMSweb data.
- Maintain a caseload of students for counseling.
- Provide classroom groups in cooperation with the social worker.
- Pursues educational studies to maintain and improve professional levels of performance.
Requirements: Masters Degree (minimum). Illinois License with School Psychologist Endorsement.
Salary: 2020-2021 teacher salary schedule