School Social Worker- SSW, Pediatric School Based Therapy
Must hold a current state license to practice in the state of Illinois and a Professional Educator's License with endorsement in School Social Work Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
Join our Pediatric School Based Team and use your passion for School Social Work to help make a difference in a child's life!
- School Social Work position available to begin ASAP!
- Elgin area of IL / 60107
- Full Time / 7 Hours daily / 35 hours weekly
- 1 School / K-5th Grade / Elementary School
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
The primary purpose of the School Social Worker position is proving dynamic services to pediatric students in a school setting. The goal is to help students enhance their social and emotional well-being and achieve academic success.
- Help students function effectively in the school environment
- Assess areas in which students may require assistance or mental health counseling Communicate with parents, teachers and administrators
- Maintain accurate case files and reports to track student issues and progress Assist in remediation by providing treatment plans or counseling
- Evaluate student transcripts Participate in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) process as necessary