Special Education & Related Services/Speech and Language Pathologist
Open Until Filled
2020-2021 School Year
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Full-timeschool speech-language pathologistto help with compliance, IEP needs and groups in the building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up district issued computer on August 4, 2020.
- Attend Induction Academy I for teachers new to D300: August 4th,August 5th, August 6th and August 7th, 2020.
- Identify and provide appropriate services for children with communication disorders in the following areas:
- Phonological/articulation disorders
- Voice disorders
- Language disorders
- Speech-language disorders resulting from hearing impairment
- Speech-language disorders resulting from organic anomalies
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on appropriate committees.
- Screen kindergarten children, students new to the State of Illinois, and referred students, to identify those who need further diagnostic testing.
- Conduct speech and language case study evaluations.
- Interpret test findings and make appropriate recommendations.
- Serve as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement.
- Conduct conferences with parents as required by law.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary conferences for referred students.
- Refer students as needed for appropriate services and follow-up on said referrals.
- Make classroom observations as appropriate.
- Consult with other school speech-language pathologists regarding incoming cases or students having previously been service by said speech-language pathologists.
- Assist teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech-language impairments.
- Participate in District department meetings of speech-language pathologists for the purpose of coordinating and improving the program and services to students.
- Develop Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) for each student placed in speech-language therapy.
- Maintain accurate records regarding student contact.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Illinois licensurewith Speech and Language Pathologist endorsement(s) required.