High School Teaching/Science - General
NexTech High School of Lansing
NexTech High School-website
NexTech High School of Lansing is currently hiring for aScience Teacher for 20/21 School Year. Must have a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate and endorsement.
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with a low employee contribution. 5% Employer 401K Match. Life, ADD, STD, and LTD 100% paid by employer!
Yes, this is a non-traditional job posting. Yes, it may feel weird to apply to a charter school because it is out of the ordinary. We are inviting you to take a chance and check us out! We are non-traditional and we are a little weird but that’s what makes NexTech High School a great place to work.
Our program is designed by us, supported by a great team, and we are needed by our families and our students. If you are looking for something a little different and you would like a chance to feel like you really can make a difference, we would love to meet you.
While blended learning means many things to many people, here at NexTech, we believe in the power of combining face-to-face relationships and engaging lessons with technology to create an engaging learning environment. Our teachers are the cornerstone of our program! Teachers design lessons that are crucial for the cycle of learning for our students. Teachers pair their on-campus lessons with digital lessons, assignments, and experiences that they either write or curate.
Our program works on a continuous improvement cycle, focusing on Marzano’s strategies for engaging students when they are on-campus, while advancing the technology lessons using frameworks such as TPACK and SAMR. Our teachers use many forms of technology to support learning and are transitioning over to designing Google Classroom content for students. We are continually focused on improving the way we support out students, including their social-emotional health.
As a teacher at NexTech, you’ll find yourself in a relaxed environment where there are flexible learning spaces, a 15:1 student to teacher ratio, and a small engaged staff that works together to support all students. We are creative, quirky, fun, and dedicated. Our students appreciate the small environment and we appreciate having the time to build meaningful relationships with all of our students.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of allcourses and applicable supplemental/support resources for grades 9-12;
• Monitor academic progress;
• Support the online instructional program through differentiated learning activities aligned to students’ strengths and weaknesses;
• Grade student assignments, create progress reports and conduct parent conferences in a timely manner;
• Tutor struggling students and accelerate advanced students, in small groups or one-on-one;
• Review online curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with students and parents);
• Support students with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects;
• Communicate with administrators, parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects;
• Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program;
• Create opportunities for students to participate in project-based learning activities that align to their courses and the Common Core State Standards;
• Support students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) by using specific materials/methods and/or material modifications identified in the IEP;
• Log key student and parent contacts;
• Participate in the organization and administration of State Testing, as directed;
• Participate in student recruiting sessions and other marketing efforts that require teacher representation;
• Support student needs by being available for occasional evening hours; and
• Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for talented, collaborative, and reform minded educators who are passionate about teaching and creating the environment where everyone can achieve at high levels. If you are interested in being part of our team at NexTech High School of Lansing, please visit www.partnersolutionsmi.com
• Highly qualified and certified to teach Secondary inMichigan
• Equally passionate about content area and educating teenagers
• Strong preference for small group and one on one instruction versus whole group
• Experience and demonstrated interest in working with youth (both strivers and strugglers) in a diverse urban environment
• Experience working in a school or other educational environment
• Strong multi-cultural skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Customer focused approach
• High degree of flexibility
• Demonstrated ability to work well in an innovative, fast paced environment
• Team player track record
• Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing
• Ability to work remotely, if necessary