At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking a creative, collaborative, and results-oriented individual to join our Technical Communications group. This is a small and effective group specializing in creating high quality and technically accurate customer-facing content, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience for 10x Genomics’ customers. The role involves working closely with multiple teams, including R&D and Technical Support, to generate document portfolios for multiple product lines in a fast-paced environment.
As a Technical Writer, you will have a strong background in sciences with excellent technical writing skills. You will be a quick learner, a methodical and organized worker with unfailing attention to detail, and excel at managing multiple priorities. Writing creativity will be required to generate documents that maximize product performance and enhance the customer experience. Developing an understanding of diverse product portfolios along with user requirements will be key in contributing to new content presentation styles and formats. Proficiency in content creation and content management tools along with the ability to learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards will be required.
What you will be doing:
- Write and edit high quality, clear, concise, and consistent customer-facing technical publications, like User Guides, for diverse product portfolios in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively partner with multiple stakeholders to gather input and implement specific changes in documents
- Integrate various sources of information into documents with a uniform style and language in alignment with the company style guide
- Use a Document Control System to coordinate document review, approval, and release
- Manage multiple product document portfolios under tight timelines, with the flexibility to shift priorities
- Develop an understanding of products and users to generate and implement creative document presentation styles and formats, improving user experience
- Masters degree in a life science discipline or equivalent
- At least one to two years wet lab bench experience
- Minimum of two years writing experience, generating clear, concise, and technically accurate content for targeted audiences (writing journal articles, grant applications, and/or thesis may also count towards experience)
- Extremely organized with excellent time- and project-management skills
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication, relationship building, and collaboration
- Knowledge of general materials and methods used when working in a wet lab
- Proficiency in English with excellent grammatical and editorial skills is a must
Desired Skills and Background:
- Familiarity with single cell genomics products and research
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, particularly Adobe Indesign, is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.