The Scientist, CMC-Analytical � Cell Biology, will serve as technical subject matter expert in the Cell Therapy Bioassay/Immunoassay/Flow Cytometry group of Precision BioSciences. This individual will coordinate within the CMC-Analytical department development of highly novel methods, method optimization and method execution and data analysis for the functional characterization of genome-edited cell therapy products. The incumbent will lead efforts to develop analytical methods in support of cell therapy product in-process control and release. This person will also be responsible for supervising a small team of 3-6 reports supporting, among other things, flow-cytometry-based characterization assays. As the subject matter expert for cellular immunology, the Scientist will interface with multiple stakeholders including Clinical Operations, Technical Operations, Quality and Regulatory to advance a pipeline of allogeneic CAR-T cell products from IND filing through to commercial launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Design, develop, characterize and document analytical methods for the phenotypic characterization of genome-edited cell therapy products
- Multi-color Flow Cytometry
- Lead and coordinates multiple research programs simultaneously with very limited oversight from management
- Mentor and train laboratory staff in the development and execution of cellular immunology assays
- Author, review and approve technical documents
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance genome-edited cell therapy programs
- Stay abreast of advances in the field of CAR-T cell therapy, including reviews of scientific literature and attendance at conferences
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences with 2-5 years of postdoctoral experience, or biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to conduct research projects independently and analyze results
- Strong experience in multi-parametric flow cytometry
- Direct leadership experience managing a team of direct reports
- Experience with cellular immunology assay development, including multiplex cytokine analysis and immunological functional assays
- Background in immunology
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal reporting to supervisor, team, multiple stakeholders across the company, and at conferences.
- This position requires little to no travel.
- This is an office-based position located at the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC.
Precision BioSciences is dedicated to improving life through its proprietary genome editing platform, �ARCUS.� Precision BioSciences leverages ARCUS in the development of its product candidates which are designed to treat human diseases and create healthy and sustainable food and agriculture solutions. Precision BioSciences is actively developing product candidates in three innovative areas: allogeneic CAR T immunotherapy, in vivo gene correction, and food.
Precision BioSciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.