|Reference # :||20-00269||Title :||Scientist II - Epigenetics-PL-CA|
|Location :||San Diego, CA|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/10/2020 / 08/15/2020|
|Actual Title - Scientist II - Epigenetics|
Work Hours - Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Weekend/OT - Not required but may happen
Client is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 60 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology and inflammation. If you'd like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Client family.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our Epigenetic team in Oncology. The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in NGS techniques, including ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RNA-Seq, WGBS, and WGS. Further, the candidate will be expected to design and implement Client NGS techniques aimed at elucidating transcriptional control of cancer. Finally, this position will play a key role in the execution of epigenetic profiling projects and will work closely with Biology, Bioinformatics, and Sequencing Research groups at ***.
This position requires a PhD in biology, a solid understanding in Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation and at least 5 years of productive research experience. Experience in pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Strong knowledge in enhancer-mediated regulation of the genome, especially in cancer, is highly desired.
2. Proficient in cell biology, including shRNA and CRISPR.
3. Experience in epigenetic profiling studies, including ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RNA-Seq, WGBS, and WGS is required. Experience in single cell approaches is a plus.
4. Highly motivated, innovative, and strong team player.
5. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
6. Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
7. Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
• Developing cross-functional scientific knowledge.
• Draw appropriate conclusions and make recommendations on next steps.
• Demonstrate ability to write peer reviewed quality work.
• Able to write invention disclosure for patent application, technical reports, technical protocols.
• Scientific expert in specific area.
• General awareness of drug discovery and development process.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Acts as a liaison between Project Team and functional area.
• Identify and recommend new technology.
• Provide scientific direction.
• Ownership of compliance and identification of potential gaps.
• Potential to manage and/or coordinates workflow on projects.
• Align science and functional area goals with business strategies.
• Manage resources appropriately.
• Works as an individual contributor.
• Viewed as an expert within the department.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
• Critically assesses projects and formulates ideas to increase success.
• Contributes ideas and develops case or position inside the department.
• Able to contribute to multiple projects.
• Able to recognize patterns/trends in data and apply new research directions.
• Stays informed of project trends, issues and organizes priorities related to own work. Communicates and uses this information to increase productivity.
Teamwork and Influence:
• Communicates with cross functional team.
• Directly impact the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
• Actively represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
• Direct impact on departmental performance.
• Impact is achieved by contributing to team efforts.
• Acts with integrity
• Analysis of issues
• Building relationships
• Coaching and developing others
• Delivers presentations
• Develops systems & process
• Fosters open communication
• Influence others
• Manages execution
• Use sound judgment
Duration: 6 months
*** is seeking an experienced scientist to join the Discovery Biotherapeutics Group.
-The successful candidate will have a well-documented background of scientific expertise in molecular and cellular biology and an abiding interest in drug discovery.
-The qualified candidate will be responsible for biological process and media development for transient and stable mammalian cell production of biologics.
-The candidate is expected to optimize cell culture media and bioreactor processes using cell culture techniques.
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated in a team environment are essential.
-It is expected that this individual will have completed a Ph.D. program together with a productive post-doctoral position.
-Previous experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is desirable.
-This position requires an individual with a Ph.D. degree in molecular or cellular biology to participate in research programs developing monoclonal antibodies and targeted therapeutics.
-The qualified candidate will have solid molecular and cell biology skills and at least 4 years of productive research experience at the postdoctoral level, as evidenced by an appropriate publication record.
-Relevant skills include designing and formulating cell culture media supplements and feeds, performing cell-based assays and following design of experiments (DoEs), sampling bioreactors and culture vessels for metabolites and cell viability, and mammalian suspension cell culture expertise, particularly CHO and HEK293 cells.
-A broad understanding of molecular and cell biology concepts within the cancer biology field is helpful.
-Expertise around setup and execution of bioreactors is desirable, including fed-batch, perfusion, and high throughput culture systems such as Ambr15 is a plus.
-The qualified candidate will be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.