Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 119622
Scientist II - Personal and Oral Care
Location: United States : Piscataway, NJ
Function: Innovation Management (R&D)
Career Level: Experienced professionals (2-5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Silica
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
The Scientist II is responsible for all functions of the Business Line in their assigned industries, Personal and Oral Care. They are key experts and are assigned special projects involving technical, market research, and new business development.
- Identifies and develops projects to promote silica products at relevant industry events – trade shows, conferences, and internal meetings.
- Anticipates new industry trends and connects them to Business Line strategy.
- Manages internal and external resources to accomplish targets.
- Develop marketing, communications, technical collaborations across and between Business Line resources.
- Develop new and unique formulations for customers.
- Expert level of understanding of powder engineering to improve flow and caking with our products.
- Management of lab resources
- Mentors other scientists
- Bachelor's Degree (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related) with 2+ years of experience within the Personal or Oral Care industry ; Masters Degree with 1-5 years of experience within the Personal or Oral Care industry; PhD with 0-3 years of experience within the Personal or Oral Care industry
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 119622
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.