Job Title: Scientist III
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for the activities related to radiation processing and dosimetry across all Isomedix Services radiation operating facilities, including calibrations, generation of test methods, audits, scheduling, validations, routine communication with internal Customers, and reporting as directed by the Senior Scientist and/or Principal Scientist.
- Supports the conduct of scientific studies for investigation and validation purposes.
- Contributes to maintaining dosimetry systems for radiation sterilization processes in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry that comply to FDA regulations, ISO 9000, AAMI and ASTM standards.
- Oversees dosimeter readout process by analyzing data and supports exercises in which routine use dosimeters are irradiated alongside reference/transfer dosimeters to determine environmental offsets. .
- Assists in the development of radiation and facility validation/qualification protocols and equipment by performing experimentation and calibration exercises, analyzing data; makes recommendations based upon data analysis; analyzes data from testing, makes recommendations regarding regulatory compliance issues and data analysis findings.
- Responsible for creating and approving critical dosimetry equations in the Operations Data Management System for all STERIS Isomedix gamma plants.
Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of general or operational experience in sterilization operations.
- Ability to demonstrate mastery in mathematical and technical problem solving.
- Proficient in use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Able to complete complex statistical and data analysis using advanced statistical tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Systems and working in a regulated environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Scientific, Medical, Scientist, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Healthcare, Science, Quality