Department: Small Molecule Drug Discovery (Neuroscience)
- Lead and support to set up the new high throughput lab, including test and evaluation necessary equipment, design and organize the lab space, etc.
- Lead and support the assay development and run the assay in the high throughput fashion.
- Lead and support the initial new lab set up and new instruments testing and evaluation.
- Responsible for developing and conducting biochemical, cell-based and biophysical assays and high throughput screenings (HTS) using small molecule libraries.
- Have biochemistry, cell biology and robotic liquid handing experience.
- Be able to independently troubleshoot equipment, including microscopes, microplate readers, automated liquid dispenser, liquid handler, spectroscope instruments, etc.
- Be able to evaluate new technologies and approaches for HTS.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to provide figures, presentations, and reports for experiment conducted.
- Be willing to train new hires.
- PhD in chemistry or biochemistry or related scientific field; or M.S with 3-10 years of experience in high throughput screening lab in industry or academic.
- Experience with western blotting technology and know how to trouble shoot.
- Experience with HTS instruments would be preferred.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
It would be great if also have:
- Ability to offer novel insights in development of therapeutics in neurological disorders, includes but not limit to Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, ALS, Huntington Disease, etc.
- Would thrive in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
95,580.00 - 138,552.00 /yearWhat is this?