Job DescriptionJob #: 1033644
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology, 1033644
Job Scope & Purpose:
Come join a growing Biotech that is pioneering new RNA-targeting small molecule therapies for genetic types of cancer. Our Exclusive client is seeking a strong cell and molecular biologist to help them design and execute assay and screening technologies. As a part of a growing team, you will be relied upon to will contribute to moving projects from target assessment and early discovery to hit-to-lead optimization, including guiding decision making for molecules to move into in vivo studies. You also will explore the mechanism of action, therapeutic strategies, and pharmacodynamic responses in preclinical models. You will be a vital member of the team exploring the drugging of RNA in cancer indications and should have an innovative mindset to be successful in this role. Contact Chris Clancy and the Stratacuity R&D team today to learn more about this exciting research role.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Design and execute target validation experiments using tool compounds or genetic approaches (CRISPR, shRNA or siRNA)
- Supervise the work of research associate scientist(s) executing work plans designed by the candidate. The extent of supervisory responsibilities will depend on the candidate’s experience and demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Develop cell-based assays for both high and medium-throughput screenings and elucidating MOA for oncology programs
- Demonstrate innovation in research/planning and experimental design, and possess an excellent command of the research literature and databases
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project team meetings and serve as a key representative from oncology biology
- Review technical publications, articles and abstracts in the field
- Contribute to both lead identification and optimization programs using methods encompassing all aspects of drug discovery
- Oversee coordination of CROs and other external collaborators to ensure timeliness and progression of projects is in line with internal project plans
- Summarize/report data and generate presentation materials. Expected to present at lab and group meetings, as well as external meetings, and to provide materials/slides for other scientists at project or company level
- Supervise lab scientist(s) for experimental design/execution and data interpretation to ensure overall excellence
Primary Role Requirements:
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field with 4+ years Postdoctoral experience and upwards to 7 years of experience will be considered
- Knowledge and experience in cancer biology including target validation and genomic data analysis is required. Experience in small molecule drug discovery, RNA biology is desirable, but not required
- Expertise in techniques is required in the following areas, target validation (CRISPR, shRNA/siRNA), cell line generation using retroviral or lentiviral systems, qPCR, clonogenic assays, mammalian cell culture/single clone isolation; demonstrated ability to troubleshoot quickly and efficiently
- Experience working with oncology animal models (CDX, PDX, and/or GEMM) is desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with next-generation sequencing approaches including RNAseq and ability to collaborate with genomics/bioinformatics group in design and interpretation of studies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and team skills; track record of success working collaboratively across disciplines
- Ability to think critically, make timely decisions, and manage deadlines. Flexibility and willingness to grow and learn within an evolving biotech environment.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.