My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in South San Francicso, CA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department is dedicated to enabling the discovery, development and commercialization of safe and effective medicines by elucidating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates.
- We accomplish this through the application of state of the art technologies and sciences of bioanalysis, drug metabolism, drug transport and pharmacokinetics.
- The DMPK group works in close partnership with disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology and regulatory to optimize leads, select clinical candidates, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.
- Hands on work in in-vitro incubations, metabolite identification by high resolution LC-MS/MS and determination of biotransformation pathways small molecules and peptides
- Solid understanding of drug metabolizing enzymes (e.g., CYP, hydrolases)
- Design, perform and interpret drug metabolism studies with focus on characterizing metabolic pathways and soft-spots in drug discovery
- Develop LC-MS/MS methods for challenging molecules
- At advanced level, integrate metabolism information into guiding chemistry designs
- BS/MS/ PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field with 3+ (BS/MS) or 0-3 (PhD) years of industry experience in analytical sciences.
- Strong background in organic chemistry and drug metabolism reactions.
- Strong skills in high resolution LC-MS/MS instrumentation and data analysis, method development and trouble-shooting.
- Experience with MS-based structural elucidation of unknown structures of small molecules and peptides, common chemical derivatization techniques to identify site of metabolism, and use of isotopically labeled reagents to aid the understanding of enzyme reactions.
- Experience with in vitro incubation with hepatocytes, tissue preparations, enzymes is a plus. Experience with quantitative LC-MS/MS is a plus.