We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in South San Francisco, CA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The Discovery Biologics organization seeks an outstanding candidate to join the Biologics Early Discovery Unit. This Scientist role will focus on designing molecular constructs, expressing and purifying proteins and antibodies, and performing in-vitro and ex-vivo cell-based assays for functional antibody screening.
- Experience with molecular and cellular biology is required for this role, with preference given to candidates with experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- BS degree in molecular and cellular biology, immunology or related discipline with at least 3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or academic setting, OR a Masters’ degree in molecular and cellular biology, immunology, or related discipline.
Solid theoretical understanding of and hands-on experience with:
- Advanced molecular biology skills, including expression plasmid design, protein and cell line engineering, proficiency in DNA analysis software
- Small-scale expression and purification of antibodies and secreted proteins
- Protein analysis techniques including Western blots, ELISA
- Multi-color flow cytometry, proficiency in FlowJo
- Experience with cell culture, preferably with primary cells
- Proficiency in a wide range of immunological laboratory techniques and cell-based assay design (e.g., multiplex cytokine profiling, proliferation)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and data analysis software (Graph Pad)