Job Title: Scorekeeper
Department: Solar4America Ice at San Jose
Reports To: Adult Hockey Manager and Scorekeeper Lead Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Responsible for the scorekeeping of adult and youth hockey games
- Keep accurate league and tournament required statistics and perform necessary data entry.
- Use league provided scoring systems and score sheets.
- Have knowledge of all League Rules and Guidelines and make sure they are being enforced by officials and players.
- Communicate with on-ice officials regarding any game situations and/or player eligibility matters.
- Communicate all major incidents on and off the ice to the adult hockey manager in a timely fashion.
- Enforce player roster and player check-in.
- Enforce player suspension list and communicate suspensions to officials.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times, and ensures that all policies are properly implemented.
- Knows emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure cleanliness of scorekeeper box/player box.
- Performs additional duties as required.
Must have basic understanding of ice hockey knowledge and rules.
Must have the ability to use required computer system to administer games.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Must be able to work in a cold environment.