Arbor Realty Trust, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and other real estate-related assets has a career opportunity at its Boston office for a Screening Analyst. The main function of the Screening Analyst will be analyzing multifamily loan opportunities and recommending financing options using Arbor’s various loan products.
The Screening Analyst will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Collect, review, and analyze financial exhibits & market data for debt structure modeling in Excel
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews
- Conduct due diligence of the borrower
- Complete market research through third party information sources
- Coordinate with the originator and the underwriting department in the processing of the applications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline and have a familiarity with the terms and concepts of real estate finance.
Experience: Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in the analysis of real estate or commercial finance preferred. Recent graduates with a Masters, as well as intern experience in real estate will be considered.
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be a quick learner, and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Must have the ability to work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal
- Possess excellent analytical, communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills a plus
- Must be able to mentor and train junior staff
- Familiarity with Real Estate and Finance a plus