QP Manufacturing is seeking ACME Lead & Process Engineer for a 1st or 2nd shift position at its Chardon, Ohio facility. QP is growing and we need your help to continue that growth. As one of the leading production centers in northeast Ohio, we have the capability of manufacturing precision components and assemblies using CNC turning, milling, multi-axis mill turning and other processes. We meet the needs of our worldwide customers and the demands of the ever-changing manufacturing industry.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a company where advancement opportunities are possible. A great opportunity for someone to come in and train with knowledgeable machinists and gain advancement opportunities through work ethic and initiative.
Essential Functions and Duties
These are the primary responsibilities for an ACME Conventional Machinist:
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Prepares machine tooling and gauging layouts.
- Set-up/ Programming on conventional ACME machines.
- Ideal candidate will be able to complete set-up process.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Prior experience on conventional screw machines.
- Working knowledge of Speeds & Feeds, Cams, Gear Charts, Tool Geometry
- Must Work well with others and be willing to share extensive knowledge
- Must be able to stand on feet for entire shift without extra breaks.
- Must be able to lift max of 30 lbs. repeatedly throughout day on a daily basis
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug free work environment.
- Must be able to pass background check, physical and drug screen and have own transportation to work.
- Benefits: Medical benefits partially paid for, paid vacation, holidays, plus up to 3% match on retirement contribution