We Are Hiring
Have you heard? Ascension Technologies, one of the largest healthcare information technology services in the country, is making a shift in their IT space!
Join the IT revolution with us as we turn our attention from technology that supports our national health system to developing, deploying, and driving technology that will change the face of healthcare.
If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Where You Will Work
You will get to work in our River North location. River North is Chicago’s most renown area. It's home to the Magnificent Mile, one of the best-known shopping districts in the country, as well as one of the most iconic attractions in the city: Navy Pier. Ascension’s workspace is right in the heart of this area inside a historic landmark building with amenities to help feed your creativity. Enjoy lounges, private offices, and conference rooms with stunning views of the Chicago River—plus an onsite fitness center and a coffee bar with full-time barista. Commuting is a breeze with more than 10 bus lines all within a two-block radius. After work, walk out and enjoy some of the city’s best restaurants and entertainment options
What You Will Do
As a Scrum Master with Ascension Technologies, you will serve multiple Agile Scrum teams to support the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry in St Louis. You will apply Agile principles to support the development teams with a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer – that’s how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission.
- Serve as the Scrum Master for multiple development teams who are creating cloud-native microservice-based solutions on GCP
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies e.g. daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- Collect and present metrics in various formats for different audiences
- Make use of data to create actionable plans for optimization, improvements
- Serve as a mentor and coach on Agile theory, principles, and best practices
- Remove obstacles and roadblocks in order to maintain the development flow
- Be a source of inspiration and foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork
- Maintain a safe environment, where everyone feels respected, empowered, and free to express their constructive thoughts and feelings
- Scrum Master Certification
- Strong knowledge of standard Agile metrics and KPI’s
- Expertise with Atlassian JIRA; managing backlogs and sprint boards, creating meaningful dashboards, collecting metrics
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit are an absolute must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience as a scrum master on a team developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Experience with a team using TDD/BDD/DDD
- Understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience scaling Agile across multiple teams and groups
- Technical experience in software development (nice to have)
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.