Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Scrum Master to work in Fidelity’s Workplace Consulting Group in Durham, NC.
As a Scrum Master, you’ll be a part of the transitioning teams, looking to become a highly collaborative, cross-functional Scrum team. You’ll advise and lead the squads on Agile values, practices and processes to ensure that the squad is fully functional, productive, and passionate about the sprint goal.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Solid grasp of and experience with Agile practices, processes, and artifacts
- Agile/Scrum Fundamentals – WHY and HOW
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Strong understanding of a Consulting firm culture
The Purpose of Your Role
As a Scrum Master, you will work directly with 4 squads to advise and lead all aspects of performance against agile values, practices and processes. Working with the squad leaders (Senior Consultants ), you will support the work of the squad by maintaining the backlog and facilitating agile ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives. You will monitor team performance through the squad’s dashboard and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to help the team work better and smarter.
The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to influence behavior without having organizational hierarchy
- Your ability to work with multiple teams
- Your ability to report up to business stake holders
- Your ability to provide dynamic reporting
- Your strong change management skills
- Your ability to brainstorm with the team on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- Your superb communication and people-interaction skills
- Your organized and disciplined nature
- Your continuous improvement mindset
The Value You Deliver
- Encouraging Agile behaviors, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall Squad performance and effectiveness
- Identifying team improvement opportunities and looking externally for best practices to support continuous improvement
- Leading and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and properly balanced across team members
- Maintaining and updating the Squad's process metrics and artifacts to ensure accurate and clear communications to partners
- Driving a reciprocal and supportive team culture through team building and engagement practices
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Everyone craves a way of working that empowers them to unleash their best work and inspire better futures for more people. Our way of working will enable you to deliver what matters most to our business, our clients and our people. By being wired for speed and innovation with support, coaching, and a regular dose of inspiration, your skill sets will be applied to our aligned initiatives providing you the opportunity to quickly make a difference in our customers’ lives.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our dedication to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and expansive work environment where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.