We are hiring a Scrum Master to work in Covington, KY at Fidelity Investments!
As a Scrum Master, you’ll be a part of a highly collaborative, multi-functional Scrum team. You’ll advise and lead teams on Agile values, practices and processes to ensure that squads are fully functional, productive and always focused on the sprint goals.
The Expertise You Have
- Solid grasp of and experience with Agile practices and processes
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or equivalent experience working as a Scrum Master
- Passionate about Technology and a dream to transform Fidelity into a Digital Company
- Experience working with Scrum Teams across enterprise.
The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to brainstorm with the team on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks using a continuous improvement mindset
- Your exceptional ability to influence behavior absent an organizational hierarchy
- Your superb communication and people-interaction skills
- Your organized and disciplined nature
- You have a working knowledge of software development practices to challenge assumptions and ask the right questions
- You will bring your intellectual curiosity, love of learning new skills and capabilities, e.g., Agile principles to inspire change
- You have a deep background in coaching and developing people and teams, and in influencing behavior towards constant improvement
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team.
- You should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
The Value You Deliver
- Encouraging Agile behaviors, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall team performance and effectiveness
- Identifying team improvement opportunities and looking externally for standard methodologies to support continuous improvement
- Overseeing and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Driving a collaborative and supportive team culture through team building and engagement practices
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.