RoomReady delivers world class video conferencing, content sharing, and meeting management technology that creates simple, personal, and consistent experiences.
We are an organization known for being great with both our employees and customers. We offer a great salary and benefit package and real opportunities for professional growth.
Headquartered in the heart of Central Illinois, we are a fast growing, family-owned business with a strong commitment to serving others and honoring our core values. Our dynamic group of professionals sets us apart because of these commitments and a strong Midwestern work ethic that is second to none. We are seeking talented, solution-focused, innovative professionals to join our growing team.
We are currently seeking a full-time ScrumMaster to work in the greater Springfield, Illinois area.
If interested, please apply by following this link or pasting it in your browser:
Please see the job description below for more information on this position.
A RoomReady ScrumMaster will work with the RoomReady products development team to manage multiple hardware, software, and products projects. These teams have not been part of a Scrum process prior, and the ScrumMaster will be responsible for starting a new program within RoomReady.
- Maintaining project schedules
- Facilitating all necessary team meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Facilitating Agile release planning and helping the CIO manage the release backlog.
- Coaching the team in Agile relative estimation techniques, cross-functionality and self-organization
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project issues and risks
- Supporting and educating the CIO, with respect to giving context and prioritizing the product backlog
- Ensuring transparency into the teams work through the sprint backlog, burndown chart and other Agile metrics
- Leading by example - knowing when and how, to push for more results
- Proactively Identifying and removing impediments that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint commitments
- Being the coach and all-around advocate for the Agile Scrum delivery methodology amongst project team and client stakeholders
- Extended Responsibilities
- Interfacing with suppliers and manufacturers
- Interfacing with technology group to maintain IT standards / requirement on all product development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mastery of Agile Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies and able to communicate and teach processes effectively to teams
- Experience working with Jira or a similar project management software
- Comfortable in a leadership role and a proponent for Servant Leadership
- Have effectively managed a large budget while keeping deliverables on time and within budget
- You desire to bring transparency to the business team about development; growing trust, while demonstrating your commitment to deliverables to the business team
- You have a keen eye for delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blocks and driving continuous improvement
- You understand healthy team dynamics and know how to coach and grow a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- At least 2-3 years of Agile experience in a Scrum Master role
- Bachelors degree
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Subject matter expertise product development
- Familiarity hardware development
- Familiarity software development
- Familiarity with 3D design tools, modeling, and materials
- Familiarity with Mobile application design
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to communicate and interact verbally, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to use personal computers and other office equipment effectively.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work location.
Job Status - Full-Time Division / Department - R&D
FLSA Status - Exempt Reports to - CIO
EEO - Professional Last Revision - 11/09/18