In support of the US Navy mission, this Software Engineer II / III will be a member of the REDHAWK and Tactical Open Architecture (TOA) Software Defined Radio (SDR) development team contributing to the design and implementation of Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) for the Navy's new Large and Medium Unmanned Surface Vessels. REDHAWK is a standards-based software defined radio (SDR) framework designed to support the development, deployment, and management of real-time software radio applications. REDHAWK is based on the DoD standard Software Communications Architecture (SCA). This candidate will need a strong background in webserver related tasking, including setting up and maintaining a web application environment, preferably a Single Page Application (SPA) environment.
As a member of our team, you will work with others to design, code, implement, and test custom capabilities. The candidate must be able to produce creative, technically sound software solutions for transition to tactical systems. This individual will perform a variety of complex technical functions in support of the development of custom systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designing, modifying, and developing signal processing capabilities in C, C, and Python
* Providing inputs for documentation of new or existing capabilities
* Leveraging experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Being accountable for complex programming assignments
* Reviewing literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects
* Reviewing completion and implementation of technical products
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Strong C object-oriented software development skills in Linux environments is a must
* Experience in the use of STL and/or Boost for C development
* Experience using version control systems, preferably GIT
* Basic knowledge of Linux operating system
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrable object-oriented design skills and use of design patterns
* Design, develop and integrate embedded systems and sensors
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience working with containerization platforms, such as Docker or OpenShift
* Experience working with mapping services, such as Mapbox Atlas or AGI Geospatial Content Server
* Experience working with an identity server, such as Okta or Auth0
* Experience working with software-defined radio (SDR) framework development (examples: GnuRadio, REDHAWK) is preferred
* Experience developing software in Python
* Experience programming Windows, Linux, and real-time embedded systems
* Basic shell scripting knowledge
* Integration experience with Tactical Open Architecture (TOA)
* Ability to work in a team environment and follow software engineering development practices
* Strong analytical skills
* Participate in full software lifecycle support to include requirements analysis, design, implementation, unit testing as well as integration testing
* Experience developing command and control software for custom and COTS SDRs
* Must currently be DoD 8570-compliant with the equivalent of an IAT II certification (Security) or have the ability to do so within six months of employment
THIS POSITION DOES NOT REQUIRE A CLEARANCE TO START
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE WHICH YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Must presently have or be eligible for a government security clearance.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled