The Line Cook is responsible for the overall smooth operation of the line. Acts as spokesperson on the line, handles different situations as they arise, and meets with Sous Chefs and/or Executive Chef on a daily basis.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
• Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
• Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
• Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
• Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
• Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
• Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
• Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
We Are Earl Enterprises®
Earl Enterprises® builds on its past successes in defining ambitious goals for the future.
Earl Enterprises® bring together the power of people, services and creative genius to build innovative sustainable companies that guests can enjoy today and in the future through our diversified brand portfolio. Earl Enterprises® is growing as a leader in the field of entertainment, leisure, tourism, hotel, and restaurant consultant services. Come join us onward and upward. Our concepts include Planet Hollywood, Buca di Beppo, Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy, Collide.com, Seaside on the Pier, Mixology, Café Hollywood and Bertucci's.