Would you like to work in a fast paced, fun environment? Do you want to be part of the excitement overseeing the Concessions selections at a major league baseball stadium? If so, then our job opening as a Concession Intern with DelawareNorth is the next best step in your career.
Delaware North provides a full breadth of food and beverage services in concessions for a major league baseball team located at Guaranteed Rate Field, 333 W. 35th Street. We work hard to offer a one-of-a-kind food and beverage experience
• Cook and prepare food items according to recipes and quality standards.
• Maintain current knowledge of menus and products.
• Chop, slice, dice and cut food items in preparation for cooking.
• Clean and maintain kitchen and food prep equipment.
• Keep food items stocked appropriately.
• Maintain proper sanitation controls of products.
• Comply with safety and quality standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• In the process of obtaining a Culinary degree preferred.
• Prior cooking experience.
• ServSafe certified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Must be dependable and a self-starter; ability to work independently.
• Strong leadership skills; ability to delegate and coach others.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to communicate job procedures and give clear concise instructions.
• Ability to read and interpret deliveries and purchases.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to follow job procedures and manager instructions.
• Able to stand for an entire shift, 8+ hours.
• Able to lift up to 30-40 lbs with frequent twisting, bending, lifting and reaching.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold depending on the season.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.