The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our national Development team as a Seasonal Coordinator, Event Production.
The Seasonal Coordinator, Event Production will assist with the implementation of various event production related jobs in the execution of the Texas MS 150 bike ride including pre and post events.
This is a seasonal/temporary position working approximately 35 hours per week March 2020 through May 2020.
1. Driving the packet pick up supply truck to and from events (10%)
2. Preparation of packet pickup supplies including loading and unloading of all event supplies (15% )
3. Set up and tear down of packet pick up events includes loading and unloading of supplies onto the truck (10%)
4. Attend each packet pick up event including the Top Fundraiser Packet Pick up events for Club 300 and Club K (10% )
5. Shipping/Receiving of materials (sponsor literature, t-shirts, etc.) (10% )
6. Delivery and pick up supplies as requested for volunteer projects /team packet pick-up events (5% )
7. Maintain an inventory list of all warehouse event supplies; produce inventory updates and post event recaps as requested (10% )
8. Maintain accurate inventory of packet pick up and event supplies (ex. rider packets, t-shirts and goodie bags) (10% )
9. Attend all department meetings pertaining to packet pick up events as requested (5%)
10. Customer service: response to general information requests via phone or email or in person regarding packet pick up events. ( 5% )
11. Mailing projects as needed (5% )
12. Special projects as needed ( 5% )
* High School Diploma
* 2-4 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Associates Degree
* A high school diploma minimum, some college preferred and/or prior experience in volunteer management, planning, budgeting, public speaking, organizing, public relations, promotions, marketing, sales and managing events.
* Computer knowledge and experience in MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to quickly learn new software
* Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
* Ability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events
* This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled