The Seasonal Development Coordinator, Walk MS will support the successful execution of Walk MS events and other assigned events in the market through recruitment and cultivation of participants and teams, community outreach, top fundraiser recognition, and general support. The Coordinator acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and donors with the mission by providing exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include coaching, supporting, and engaging participants and volunteers, providing needed logistical/administrative support, and supporting donor recognition activities to ensure an exceptional event experience for all.
Support campaign strategies to retain, grow and recruit participants and sponsors for assigned events
* Increase participant engagement through cultivation and recruitment activities
* Collaborate with the market staff to implement successful team fundraising and recruitment weeks to maximize these efforts.
* Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
* Assist event participants with registration & participant center support
* Conduct personal outreach to participants to provide coaching around how to utilizing our online resources to increase their fundraising
* Conduct personal outreach and stewardship of local event sponsors
* Identify recruitment events for Mass Market Events- ie sports expos, health fairs; ensure events are well staffed through recruitment of volunteers
* Manages call sheets for all event-related gifts and large gift tracking related to special events
* Support timely and accurate reporting support for the development department
* Provide Customer service for Mass Market Event participants and donors and serve as fundraising resource for all event participants.
* Provide support on site at each event
* Attend and participate in event committee meetings as necessary to understand the role of committee and provide appropriate staff support.
* High School Diploma
* Related experience in event planning/ management and/or fundraising preferred
* Ability to work independently while effectively prioritizing multiple projects and activities.
* Ability to work effectively in a team setting and with large groups.
* Strong organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook- strong aptitude for learning database systems.
* Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
* This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled