Company SummaryJoin our team! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Do you have a knack for helping others and strong attention to detail? First American is embarking on an exciting new Seasonal hiring journey! We are looking for individuals that share our passion to help others on a seasonal basis during March through August to accommodate our peak season.
Seasonal employees work up to 6 months out of a year in a rewarding and supportive environment and have 6 months off to recharge for the next season!
Whether you are semi-retired, a stay at home parent, have time off from your other job or would just enjoy having flexibility to enjoy life AND want a fulfilling career with a company that values YOU… First American is the place for you! When you complete your first season, we will be anxious to see you again for the next!
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Orders title reports for issuing title insurance, resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2-4 years related experience
- Experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant preferable
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.