Excelligence in Olathe, KS is now hiring a SEASONAL forklift driver (with potential to go permanent) starting at $15/hr.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm
RATE OF PAY: $15/HR
Excelligence Learning Corporation is the world's leading tech-enabled platform company in early childhood and elementary education. Educators, parents and children in more than 40 countries use our over 20,000 innovative, high-quality and grade-appropriate educational products and teaching solutions to teach, learn and grow. www.Excelligence.com
Do you want to join an expanding team focused on building the next generation of educational products while working?
SUMMARY: Forklift operators handle various tasks onsite and are required to cross train between departments as needed. The department roles we staff for are: driving an order selector for bulk order picking and replenishments, unloading and loading freight containers at the receiving and shipping docks on sit down forklifts, and operating reach trucks to put away received items. Safety training and certification is done onsite before any associate is allowed to operate equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Move products using various forklift equipment from primary storage locations to appropriate picking location as needed
- Use RF scan device to enter product movement into warehouse database and ensure updates are reflected in inventory
- Break down or stack products on pallets for product movement when required
- Maintain familiarity with aisles and product locations
- Maintain cleanliness as necessary
- Operate forklifts safely and efficiently in accordance with established procedures
- Update all applicable inventory information into warehouse database using RF scan device
- Maintain a safe work environment by following all safety rules and ensuring that proper equipment checks are completed at the beginning and end of each shift
- Report any equipment or machinery issues to maintenance
- Understand and perform any proper shift turnover processes
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read, understand, write and speak English
- Able to safely operate forklift equipment in a warehouse environment
- Be able to perform simple math
- Have mechanical aptitude
- Ability to accurately use RF scan equipment
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions precisely
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Able to adhere to all safety standards including equipment checks before and after shift
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year of experience operating sit down, cherry picker and/or reach forklifts in a warehouse environment. Must have experience with receiving functions and aptitude for using RF devices for inventory updates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, kneel, push and pull objects; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. In addition, the employee is constantly required to lift objects overhead and below the waist. The employee will be on their feet and walking their entire shift except when required to operate forklift equipment which could require sitting or standing.
- Specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to focus with eyes, ability to hear and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Position requires the employee to be able to lift, and/or push objects ranging up to 60 pounds on a very frequent basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts, riding equipment that may utilize a flammable fuel source and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electric shock.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- The temperature can and does reach extremes from heat indexes above 90 degrees in the summer to 50 degrees in the winter.
- Dust and dirt can be airborne and at times may impact air quality.