Under direct supervision of the Leadership, the purpose of the position is to provide excellent customer service and assistance to patients/customers. Colleagues in this classification perform sales and customer service work. They are responsible for greeting patients, assisting patients with purchase of eyewear, providing patients with promotional information, and answering customer inquiries. The Manager in Training performs related work as directed and will be required to meet the productivity numbers outlined.
The Manager in Training will create a customer experience for the patient while using proper dispensing techniques. The dispensing process will include determination of the power ranges and specific lens measurements by frame; measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification.
This position is a seasonal role offered to support our organization during our peak sales season.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Greets all patients and customers as they enter the store and provide promotional information to patients and customers.
- Attain sales goals established by management team while complying with company and local policies and procedures.
- Assists patients and customers with the choice of frames: choose eyewear to best fit their budgetary requirements.
- Resolve customer complaints, diffuse unsatisfied patients, and provide a solution to remedy the situation.
- Troubleshoot and identify problems related to prescription.
- Completes inventory count and replenish stock as necessary.
- Adheres to quality control standards including OSHA and other safety requirements.
- Answer phones according to company guidelines.
- Make minor repairs to eyewear.
- Performs basic housekeeping duties; clean and organize frame cases, vacuum, dust, polish, organize magazine rack, etc.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; supplemented by six (6) months experience optical sales or equivalent; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, Google Docs, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment.
- Must display superior verbal and written skills.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group.
Now Optics d/b/a Stanton Optical and My Eye Lab Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at our company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances.