La Mansion del Rio
The Omni La Mansion del Rio is ideally nestled along the historic Riverwalk among the banks of the Paseo del Rio in downtown San Antonio. It is within easy walking distance of the famous Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita District, Spanish governor’s Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and other well-known landmarks.
Omni La Mansion del Rio’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni La Mansion del Rio may be your perfect match.
Pool Bartenders are responsible for serving alcoholic beverages and food to pool patrons. Bartenders are responsible for maintaining a complete knowledge of food and beverage menus, mixology, bar equipment, and sanitation standards, with a focus on maintaining an attractive bar for guests.
Season ends on September 15, 2019
- Season ends on September 15, 2019.
- Must have knowledge of all food and drink menu items.
- Must be familiar with state alcohol service guidelines.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company and departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Serves food and beverage to guests following moments of service (MOS) and adheres to service times.
- Acknowledge and greet all guests, anticipate guest needs, and respond to guest inquiries or requests.
- Communicate with guests and food and beverage staff in a clear and professional manner at all times.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to manager and kitchen.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, outlet specific beverages and non-alcoholic selections offered.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, organization, and sanitation of back bar and bar top.
- Contributes to a professional workplace that maximizes employee moral, productivity and effectiveness. Works well with a diverse FOH and BOH staff.
- Insures responsible service of alcohol by following all legal requirements including carding and consumption.
- Accurately takes food and beverage orders from guests and promptly records all transactions in the Micros system. Maintains guest tabs and facilitates payment following procedures.
- Responsible for continuous maintenance of liquor par levels and daily beer, wine, liquor and supply orders from the storeroom.
- Season ends on September 15, 2019
- Minimum 6 months bartending experience in an equitable establishment.
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, in person and on the phone
- Must be able to speak with enthusiasm and be comfortable talking and interacting with guests in a pool environment.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into MICROS
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Must be TABC certified.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift in indoor/outdoor environments.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.