SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE
Primary responsibility for all positions with Crowder Bros is to provide amazing service to Every Customer, Every Time. Floor associates are responsible for engaging the customer, determining their needs and projecting requirements. The duties of the Sales Associate position are to be performed while demonstrating and encouraging Crowder Bros' core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help unload incoming trucks and put away merchandise (as arranged by management). Maintain your assigned department: Keep clean, organized and fully stocked.
- Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management displaying a “Speed is Life” attitude. Move with a sense of urgency while paying attention to the details.
- Cooperate with others and work well as part of a retail team, for example actively participate in daily huddle meetings, share ideas for improvement with management.
- Remove promotional bin tags from displays, and price tags as required following sales events, flyers, etc.
- Restock merchandise displays as needed, watch end caps and side wings.
- Handle special orders for all non-stock items. It always takes two employees to say “No.” Never tell a customer no without checking with a floor manager, assistant manager or store manager.
- Watch for shoplifters and take action, in line with company policy, that will discourage shoplifting. Excellent customer service and interaction prevents shoplifting.
- Provide the best possible experience for Every Customer, Every Time by being helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.
- When you are not with a customer or cleaning, stand in a main aisle to get the best view of customers coming into your department. Walk up and down the main aisles to be sure customers are being assisted in all departments. Avoid personal conversations with co-workers on the floor.
- Serve Customers in assigned departments, or store wide, and provide needed advice or information, greet customers as soon as you encounter them.
- Demonstrate the S.A.L.E.S. skills/behaviors.
- Assist Customers with simple complaints/concerns; get a manager involved with problems as needed.
- Greet and/or acknowledge all customers within six feet of you all the time.
- Always be polite and attentive to customers. Make eye contact and smile. Do not avoid customers.
- Promote the Ace Rewards program to all customers, describe the Ace Helpful Promise and use the Magic Question. Must be familiar with the Customer First Pocket Card.
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements, so you can tell customers about special sales.
- Always wear your radio and headset in order to effectively communicate with other employees or management.
- Respond to Customer Coordinator questions as needed.
- Assist customers with large or heavy items as needed.
- Offer customers a red basket for their shopping use.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Able to communicate professionally with customers and team members
- Skilled at providing prompt, friendly and attentive customer service
- Strong organizational skills with a passion for details
- Willing to learn all areas of the store and help train others
- Proven track record of being a team player
- Knowledge and experience of items within the following departments are preferred: Electrical, Hardware, Housewares, Lawn & Garden, Plumbing, and/or Tools.
- Availability must be flexible including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual (Spanish) verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred
- Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing up to 40 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 50 lbs. Requires the ability to move heavy product with assistance (team lift).