Great news! $250 Bonus at the end of the season (December 31, 2020)!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move cargo and baggage onto and off the aircraft and transport it between trailers, air cargo facilities and other aircraft.
- Operate motorized equipment
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifest, package and cargo routing tags.
- Frequent bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined spaces.
- Comfortably and continuously lift / move heavy cargo and packages onto and off the aircraft, trailers or ULD’s while performing build-ups or breakdowns.
- Must practice Menzies Aviation Safety and Security Policy inclusive of, but not limited to: wearing PPE, equipment operation, safe lifting techniques and/or obeying speed limits when driving company vehicles or equipment.
- Maintain the ramp area, work area, building and equipment in a clean and presentable condition.
- Comply with LAWA regulations and policies.
- Comply with local attendance / tardiness policy.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing, including drug testing and ten-year background check as required by US Customs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass drug test.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must be able to comfortably lift 70 pounds.
- Prior ramp experience a plus.
- Must be available on call and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass an FBI background check and obtain a custom seal.
- Must pass driver’s test with the Department of Airports and obtain a driver’s license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA).
- Must pass pre-employment medical.