TITLE: SECONDARY ADMIN INTERN
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
- *Ensures clear and measurable goals are established and focused on critical needs regarding improving overall student achievement at the school level.
- *Ensures clear and measurable goals are established and focused on critical needs regarding improving achievement of individual students within the school.
- *Ensures that data are analyzed, interpreted, and used to regularly monitor progress toward school achievement goals.
- *Ensures that data are analyzed, interpreted, and used to regularly monitor progress toward school achievement goals for individual students.
- *Ensures that appropriate school-level and classroom-level programs and practices are in place to help all students meet individual achievement goals when data indicate interventions are needed.
- *Provide a clear vision as to how instruction should be addressed in the school.
- *Effectively support and retain teachers who continually enhance their pedagogical skills through reflection and professional growth plans.
- *The school leader is aware of predominant instructional practices throughout the school.
- *Ensures that teachers are provided with clear, ongoing evaluations of their pedagogical strengths and weaknesses that are based on multiple sources of data and are consistent with student achievement data.
- *Ensures that teachers are provided with job-embedded professional development that is directly related to their instructional growth goals.
- *Ensures that the school curriculum and accompanying assessments adhere to state and district standards.
- *Ensures that the school curriculum is focused enough that it can be adequately addressed in the time available to teachers.
- *Ensures that all students have the opportunity to learn the critical content of the curriculum.
- Assists the principal in providing ongoing, research based instructional leadership for the school.
- Assists the principal in leading teachers through analysis of all types of data including: OCCT/EOI, college preparedness reports, other related reports/scores (ACT, PSAT, PLAN & AP scores when applicable), benchmark and common assessment data at the individual teacher, grade and school levels to improve student academic achievement.
- Assists the principal in the implementation of Common Core State Standards as well as all other state and district curriculum.
- Assists the principal in developing of an effective school growth plan.
- Assists the principal in the implementation of district curriculum goals, philosophy and policies within the area of authority.
- Assists teachers in establishing meaningful goals, objectives and evaluation procedures related to educational enhancement.
- Assists teachers in evaluating their methods of instruction/teaching skills and effectiveness of learner outcomes.
- Ensures that teachers meet individual student needs and abilities and develop satisfactory growth in skills based on assessment data.
- Assists teachers in providing a classroom atmosphere conducive to maximum learning.
- Assists the principal in short and long range curriculum and other site based planning.
- Assists the principal in interviewing and hiring school personnel.
- Supports the school board, superintendent and all central office administration in all district initiatives, goals and policies.
- Assists the principal in the implementation and observance of all Board policies and regulations by the staff and students.
- Monitors the safety and condition of the building and grounds. Monitors bus safety as well as all other means of student transportation and traffic flow around school.
- Supervises and evaluates personnel.
- Assists the principal in fostering a school culture of collaboration.
- Submits reports to appropriate administrators as requested on or before deadline.
- Assists the principal in overseeing and training of staff in the technical and procedural aspects of their jobs.
- Assists the principal in new employee orientation of all district expectations.
- Demonstrates efficient and effective utilization of resources.
- Assists the principal in providing opportunities for community members to become involved in school activities.
- Assists the principal in maintaining regular communication with students, parents and the community.
- Assists the principal in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with local community groups and individuals.
- Encourages teachers to maintain effective communications with parents.
- Motivates staff to participate in reviewing areas of responsibility to look for ways to improve performance; encourages initiative and creativity without risk; develops staff morale to reinforce successful performance.
- Assists the principal in monitoring and ensuring proper student conduct and student discipline with teachers and staff.
- Encourages the development of appropriate student behavior.
- Assists the principal in involving students and staff in developing and maintaining reasonable standards of conduct.
- Assists principal in providing an environment where students assume responsibility for their own behavior and the attitude/behavior of their peers regarding school property and respecting the rights, properties and opinions of others.
- Assists principal in the development of the student handbook.
- Assists principal in ensuring that all extracurricular events/activities are properly supervised by a member of the site administrative team.
- Develop the trust of the faculty and staff that his or her actions are guided by what is best for all student populations.
- Assists the principal in ensuring that faculty and staff perceive the school environment as safe and orderly.
- Assists the principal in acknowledging the success of the whole school, as well as individuals within the school.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten, eleven or twelve month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of administrative personnel.