Rate Rabbit Home Loans is a dynamic and rapidly growing mortgage bank located in San Diego. The company has introduced a new, Internet-based method to obtain home loans. Rate Rabbit is committed to providing its customers throughout the United States with the best mortgage rates and the lowest closing fee in the industry. We are in the process of expanding our customer base with becoming licensed throughout the United States.
Rate Rabbit Home Loans is seeking a Capital Markets-Secondary Marketing Manager. In this position you will work directly with the President to build and grow the department.
The job duties will include:
- Create and maintain close working relationships with our Correspondent investors, MI companies, and in the future directly with Fannie Me and Freddie Mac
- Manages Daily mortgage pricing for our Correspondent investors
- Confirms lock requests as needed
- Maintains all lock request changes, extensions, and float downs
- Monitors rate lock information for data integrity and experience dates. Communicates discrepancies to the loan officers and/or President
- Manage the interest rate risk of the mortgage pipeline with hedging, trading and loan sale activities
- Conduct best execution analysis and optimization to maximize profitability
- Analyze pull through trends
- Provides expertise and serves as a resource to all loan officers regarding common practices for lock in policies and procedures in the mortgage banking industry
- Coordinates and executes all aspects of bulk loan sales, including pool creation, due diligence requests, closings, funding and post purchase servicing.
- Preform analysis and assessment regarding liquidity requirements, contractual obligations, contingent risks, as well as cash flow forecasting and stress testing
- Oversees cash positions, liquidity reporting and forecasting, short-term borrowing, hedging and bank relationship management. Ensures liquidity.
- Prepares management reporting and ensures compliance with liquidity policies and guidelines
- May supervise designated staff in the future
**This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and the position will perform other duties as assigned**
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactory perform the essential job functions
- Strong understanding of mortgage regulations
- Thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA, and Mortgage Insurance (MI) products. Including Origination, Underwriting, Post Closing (Shipping, delivery, insurance and suspense) requirements.
- Functional knowledge of VA programs, loan origination systems (Calyx Point preferred), MERS, and FHA connection
- Optimal Blue Experience preferred
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Must exercise discretion, have sound judgement and be able to work well independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and with aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office
Salary range: TBD based on experience
Job Type – Full Time