- Secondary is responsible for finishing parts, trimming, drilling, cutting, installing components, and torching. Final inspection for quality, color and order accuracy is also required. Other duties may be assigned or reassigned at any time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspect and measure parts for conformance
- Preform any required quality test on parts, including dip tank testing.
- Clean, polish/buff, and vacuum parts as specified
- Cut or route holes/handles as required
- Torch parts per specifications
- Install components such as handles on parts
- Complete documentation including inspection sheets
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Make sure labels/graphics are correctly affixed on parts
- Keep pace with the oven
- Assist other secondary operations or ovens as time permits
- Creates a safe work environment
Ability to read prints and specifications
Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
Ability to communicate with leads and supervisors
Computer experience helpful
Able to work in hot humid environment for extended periods of time as well as around loud noises are required.
Must be able to remain stationary with intermediate walking through out shift. Frequently lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds alone and parts more than 50 pounds with assistance, and must be able to transport these up to 20 feet. Frequently positions self to maneuver around the part when finishing. Must be able to operate the hand and air tools frequently.