POSITION TITLE: Secretary
REPORTS TO: School Principal or Associate Principal or Department Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a wide variety of secretarial, clerical and administrative duties and respond to the various needs and requests of students, parents and school personnel. Secretary positions can be either 10.5, 11, or 12 month jobs.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Performs major clerical functions including but not limited to, typing correspondences and required reports; screening incoming phone calls, greeting visitors, and arranging meetings.
- Responds to various inquiries or provides information and assistance to students, parents, teachers or staff as needed.
- Gathers and/or tracks information necessary to prepare and submit various reports. Performs data entry as required.
- Performs various tasks associated with financial matters such as; preparing the budgets; payroll, billing, collection, disbursement and/or deposit of monies; maintaining required financial records.
- Develops and maintains schedules; makes and/or coordinates arrangements and performs administrative functions necessary to support special events.
- Initiates purchase orders for needed supplies or equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists other administrators or assigned leaders during staff absences or with completing special projects.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Sitting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, stooping or crouching to access file drawers.
- Normal mental attention with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less as well as 20 feet or more required.
- Nominal physical effort required ranging from moving very light (1 to 5 lbs.) items by hand to rarely moving light to average (5 to 60 lbs.) boxes of paper and other supplies with assistance.
Principal Secretary...page 2
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge: Knowledge of stenography, administrative secretarial practices, accounting, or a variety of office procedures; operation of office equipment such as a personal computer and related, often highly specialized, software requiring some advanced skills knowledge. Equivalent to high school plus additional training.
Experience: Over 1 year up to 5 years.
Qualified candidates will have:
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
- Outstanding math and organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, has the ability to effectively communicate with individuals on any level.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Personal computer and related software, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, photocopier.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
All activities, Demands, Conditions and Requirements are linked to Essential Job Functions unless marked with an asterisk which denotes linkage only to marginal function(s).