- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Murphy Elementary School
- Date Available:
SUMMARY OF CLASSIFICATION
This class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions including basic processing, reception, filing, record keeping, lunch duty, bookkeeping and typing.
Term: 10 Month position
Hourly Rate: Starting at $18.33
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of office procedures including proper telephone usage and filing;
2. Knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar;
3. Skill in typing a variety of materials;
4. Basic interpersonal skill;
5. Basic oral and written communication skills;
6. Basic skill in performing arithmetical computations;
7. Ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, fax, copier and other electronic equipment;
8. Ability to perform basic clerical tasks such as coding, sorting, alphabetizing and numeric ordering;
9. Bilingual (English & Spanish) Perferred;
10. Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
11. Experience in an elementary school environment.
The following identifies the primary and essential functions of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all duties.
1. CORRESPONDENCE: Prepares and sends out standard form letters making minor revisions or additions.
2. FILING: Maintains logs; sets up and maintains records and files according to established procedures; (e.g. alpha, numeric or chronological order); searches files for information.
3. INTERPERSONAL: Answers phone, transfers calls and takes messages; receives and directs visitors; handles routine requests for information, procedural guidelines or assistance over the telephone or in person; (e.g. counter, reception and/or information desk).
4. LUNCH DUTY: Maintains health standards as required by state and local standards; serves meals to the students; orders on a weekly basis all necessary food supplies; records food requisitions, meals served and milk counts; cleans equipment and kitchen area daily and defrosts refrigerator as necessary; assumes responsibility for storage and disposal of unused foods; provides an emergency lunch for students without a lunch; maintains free and reduced lunch reports; maintains student computerized lunch accounts; works in the lunchroom setting up and break down tables; keeps lunchroom clean during lunch hours; assists students during their lunch; assists with the supervision of students during meals; assists with supervision of daily routines and schedules;
5. PROCESSING: Receives, sorts and distributes mail; performs a variety of basic processing tasks (e.g., sorts, numbers, codes and files materials), reviews materials for accuracy and completeness (ensures categorical information is completed as required), makes changes per instructions or as authorized, verifies information through cross-referencing of existing computer and/or manual files or inquiries by phone or form letter to sender or other work units; does routine posting to ledgers, account books or other records; receives payments for licenses, bills, applications, fines and fees, etc.; prepares, totals and balances receipts; prepares cash transmittal/deposit slips; types and prepares purchase requisitions, orders or billing invoices according to established procedures; assists in or maintains inventory and orders supplies;
6. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares reports.
7. TYPING: Using a typewriter, personal computer and other electronic equipment types a variety of materials from rough copy or electronic recording device including correspondence, memos, reports, forms, applications, bills and other documents and records with speed and accuracy; reviews and corrects drafts for conformance with originals; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
8. Performs related duties as required.Apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/rlas/onlineapp/default.aspx