CTDI is a large scale logistics repair and engineering company that services the country’s largest telecommunications and cable providers. CTDI has over 7,000 FT US Employees in over 58 world class US Operations. CTDI also has a global footprint with more than 16,500 employees worldwide.
The Section Head is responsible for coordinating the overall production process for their assigned section as well as monitoring job and process flow and production output for the line. This position requires individuals who are strong communicators that can motivate a team to achieve certain targets. They also should possess excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Print, Enter, and distribute available deliveries and distribute for picking.
- Data entry to CTDI Systems.
- Oversee production activity of the production line and lanes, and drive performance.
- Communicate employee performance deficiencies to supervisor
- Receive RDC report from production management at start of shift.
- Prioritize deliveries based on due dates to ensure on time delivery is achieved.
- Be the first level of support on any issue and if needed, notify supervisor daily of labor needs (no-shows or shortages).
- Oversee all staff in section including: staying on task and in work area, break-time adherence, maintaining flow and process expectations.
- Perform tasks in a high speed, high volume environment.
- Train staff and monitor their adherence to work instructions. Ensure initial training is complete and understand level of performance for section.
- Troubleshooting immediate needs of line.
- In charge of 5 S/housekeeping standards and checklists are complete for area and that all signage is appropriate for work on rack in area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate employees.
- Proactive problem solving ability.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good PC skills with experience in Word and Excel applications.
- Ability to interact professionally with the customer in written and verbal communications.
- Previous section head experience/ demonstrated leadership and/or management ability preferred
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career!