Career Development Opportunity
- Asset Servicing is a Securities Trade Management business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products.
- The team's role in supporting both internal and external clients throughout the lifecycle of large-scale events, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Shareholder Meetings, and Bankruptcies, provides a unique opportunity to play a part in real-time, impactful market transactions.
- A successful candidate would focus on day-to-day oversight of the execution of event processing, working to ensure that our businesses, clients and stakeholders receive critical updates and support for their elections and decision-making.
- The candidate would oversee a regional team, collaborating with other groups across the globe, and with the opportunity to work cross-function. Areas of focus for this role include creation of announcement information, instructing client and firm elections into the market, and distributing and reconciling entitlements, alongside a dedicated client facing service team.
- The Asset Servicing role requires a professional with deep Operational expertise and proven experience in helping to manage and develop complex and high-risk functions.
- There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the diversity of the markets, events and products covered by Asset Servicing on a daily basis, along with a unique opportunity to interact heavily with various revenue businesses, Technology and Legal teams, industry experts, and operational units across the firm.
Career Development Opportunity
- This role provides a fantastic opportunity to broaden product and market expertise and to develop effective management skills across a broad range of topics.
- This role also provides substantial exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career progression.
- The firm provides a range of development tools including *** University courses and a formal Feedback 360+ review process to enhance management effectiveness and equip individuals to progress in their careers.
- We are searching for an experienced Operations professional to join the Securities Trade Management unit in one of several global locations as an Asset Servicing First Line Manager.
- Communications – Demonstrate great interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (analyst to managing director)
- Influence others and express alternative views and rationale for a course of action
- Listen well and be receptive to others' ideas and suggestions, encouraging open and collaborative dialogue among team members
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Leverage deep technical expertise to resolve challenging issues
- Possess strong industry and market trend knowledge and experience, and take initiative to broaden skill set
- Exhibit strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows and seek to become the go-to expert within stakeholder community
- Deliver day-to-day issue resolution through effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking
- Innovation – Contribute to the definition, review, and execution of Global Asset Servicing strategy Enhance the control environment through business intelligence-related initiatives to increase scalability, adapt to regulatory changes, and deliver creative solutions to clients
- Identify and deliver functional enhancements in processes and/or core tools and technologies that will improve divisional leverage
- Demonstrate ability to identify and leverage solutions used by other teams, and foster a culture of innovation in which the more junior population is encouraged to seek creative solutions
- Client Focus – Deliver consistent client service through partnerships with other teams and divisions
- Effectively handle challenging requests, and build trusting, long-term relationships with clients
- Appreciate key client strategies and proactively manage and articulate the impact on the team and function using BI/analytics and empirical data
- Risk Management – Partner with regional management team to provide effective oversight of key Asset Servicing Functions
- Challenge existing risk and control framework and the status quo to further reinforce the control environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage operational risks and develop control enhancements
- Contribute to and drive technical and operating environment risk review
- Provide guidance and advice from a risk and control perspective to ensure the proper remediation of risk arising from new products, business, migrations, etc.
- Management, Leadership & Culture
- Partner with a Vice President to build a resilient and motivated team by promoting diverse perspectives, providing transparent feedback, and offering career coaching
- Assume accountability and ownership of complex situations, offering own expertise to influence outcomes
- Play an active role in Client citizenship activities and seek leadership opportunities where possible, while coaching and encouraging others to do the same