Progressive Leasing is hiring a Securities and Corporate Attorney located in Draper, UT. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be part of the Legal Department, working with our outside Securities and Corporate counsel as well. Your primary client business groups will include Executive, Finance, Investor Relations, and Corporate Communications.
Progressive Leasing is currently a subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc., a publicly-traded company. By the end of 2020, Progressive Leasing will spin off the Aaron’s business, becoming a stand-alone public company traded on the NYSE. Your responsibility will be to work with outside counsel to meet the filing and internal requirements inherent in being a public filer.
In this position you will not only oversee and manage transactions but also interface with business groups to advise on strategy, compliance and risk assessment. You will be responsible for SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, S-8s and Section 16 filings. You will join forces with our outside securities counsel on external communications such as earnings releases and press releases, as well as compliance with NYSE rules and regulations. This position will also involve collaboration on balance sheet management projects with our Treasury department, including equity and debt offerings from time to time. Prior experience managing board and shareholder meetings will be a plus.
- Develop and implement appropriate measures and policies necessary to comply with securities laws/regulations and other regulatory matters
- Advise on public company reporting and other regulatory and stock exchange requirements, including preparation of board and shareholder meetings, consents and minutes
- Partner with cross-functional teams for financial reporting governance-related matters
- Build governance policies and best practices with recommendations that balance governance needs and company goals
- Work closely with our investor relations team regarding stakeholder engagement
- Work in a fast-paced environment on diverse matters requiring complex legal analysis; acting with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity towards issues and individuals
- Collaborate on external communications such as earnings releases and press releases, ensuring compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations
- Advise senior management, including leaders in finance and investor relations, with respect to disclosure matters and NYSE, SEC and corporate law requirements, including Reg FD and use of non-GAAP financial measures, and participate in disclosure committee meetings
- Advise on and manage balance sheet management projects with our Treasury department, including equity and debt offerings from time to time
- 3-5 years’ relevant securities law experience
- Possess an active law license in good standing in one of the 50 US states, with no prior suspensions or disciplinary history
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on diverse matters requiring complex legal analysis
- Ability to interface effectively and build and maintain strong relationships across multiple business units
- Superior written and oral communication skills; ability to persuasively present and communicate
- Exceptional professionalism; comfortable working with confidential situations and C-level executives
- Occasional travel as needed, to support business objectives
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Experience collaborating and coordinating in a geographically dispersed organization (US)
- Possess exceptional intellect, with decisive analytical skills and the capacity to think out-of-the-box; bringing novel solutions to overcome barriers to success
- Possess unquestionable personal and professional ethics
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000 retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.