Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Security Administrator to support the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- B.S or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in network design, network security, and firewall technologies. Experience with Fortinet preferred.
- Experience with testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities using tools from vendors such as Tenable, IBM, Checkmarx, and Netsparker.
- Experience with log analysis. Experience with Splunk preferred.
- Good understanding of computing security, authentication techniques, operation procedures and general practices in an enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Demonstrated self-initiated ability for analyzing, debugging, and tracking security issues.
- Identifies problems, determines the accuracy and relevance of information, and uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to identify priorities as needed to accomplish a variety of tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with people at every level.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.