|COPE OF THE PROJECT:|
The SCDHHS Office of Information Assurance (OIA) is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of SCDHHS Information Systems and Data. OIA seeks an expert in Information Security and Compliance to serve as an ISSO that can bring hands-on experience to the establishment, implementation and/or enhancement of Information Systems Security and Compliance efforts based on State/Agency Policy/Standards and Regulatory Guidance such as FISMA, NIST 800-53, CMS MARS-E, HIPAA, etc.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ISSO will report to the Director of Information Security within the Office of Information Assurance and operate as an experienced consultant to SCDHHS leadership, business units, business partners and vendors.
Security Program Experience:
Experience with CMS MARS-E or other FISMA Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliant programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Hands-on technical experience with a variety of technologies with a well-documented history of integrating security principles to existing and new technology platforms is a key factor of success for this position.
Experience with development and integration of RMF/Audit & Assessment (A&A) tasks and artifacts into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
Experience in security as related to Cloud services and vendor management would be considered desirable for this position.
Hands-on experience with any or all the following technologies would be considered key-factors of success for this position:
• MarkLogic NoSQL or other non-relational database technologies
• MSSQL, Oracle or other relational database technologies
• Liferay Portal
• RSA Archer
• Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
• IBM System 390/zSeries
• Linux and Windows servers
• Network Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Switching and Routing Infrastructure
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
• Tenable SecurityCenter and Nessus Scanner
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directly supports security related requests, such as:
a. Network Design and Information Flow
b. System and Data Access Requests
c. Firewall Rule Requests (Ports, Protocols and Services)
d. Baseline Configuration Management
e. Vulnerability Management
f. Others as necessary to support SCDHHS Systems and Data
2. Directly support the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of SCDHHS security and compliance efforts.
3. Audit and Assess internal agency systems as well as business partner/service provider information system security controls.
4. Perform system administration tasks on applications and infrastructure.
5. Perform patch management and configuration management tasks.
6. Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, System Center Service Manager (Ticketing system), RSA Archer eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered during A&A activities or other OIA efforts.
7. Assist with security and compliance reviews of Contracts, Business Associate Agreements, Data Usage/Sharing Agreements and other type documents and artifacts.
8. Assist on or perform third-party audits and/or assessments of agency and business partner systems
9. Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations for security and compliance risk mitigation efforts.
1. Must have current, strong working knowledge of FISMA, NIST 800-53, CMS MARS-E and HIPAA Security and Privacy.
2. 5+ years of Hands-on experience in I.T. working with and/or auditing IBM System 390/zSeries, Windows, Linux, Databases (Relational and Non-Relational), Networking Infrastructure and Web-based Applications.
3. ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification is required.
4. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
5. Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors.
6. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines.
7. Experience and training with eGRC solutions.
8. Ability to engage diverse audiences of varying technical and non-technical skill-levels to ensure effective alignment of technical requirements to business objectives.
9. Ability to collaborate and coordinate efforts amongst multiple teams and vendors in fulfillment of SCDHHS OIA initiatives.
10. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
11. Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to include working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency.
12. Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
13. Ability to absorb, retain and communicate complex processes.
14. Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism and remain flexible in dealing with leadership and teams of varying technical and business knowledge.
1. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline.
2. Prior experience working within a FISMA compliant program.
3. Prior experience in working with any eGRC systems.
4. Prior Health Information Technology experience.
5. Prior ITIL experience in the area of Information Security Management.
1. ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification is required.
1. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline.
Max bill rate $101.00 due to budget constraints.
50% remote work would consist of 2 days remotely per week and 3 days onsite.
|Category||Name||Required||Importance||Level||Last Used||Experience|| |
|Education||Technical Certifications||Yes||1||Advanced||Currently Using||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Miscellaneous||Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Miscellaneous||An aptitude for learning new skills and applying knowledge to solve complex problems||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Miscellaneous||Demonstrated knowledge/skills of the IT industry which includes: multi-tiered architectures, enterprise applications, evaluation of emerging technologies, networks, data management systems and hardware systems.||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Miscellaneous||Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Network Security||Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Network Security||HIPAA Security||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Networking & Directories||Experience with UNIX, Windows, Linux, MacOS, Cisco, Juniper, web apps, databases, strong authentication, operating systems and network security protocols and procedures.||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Operating Systems/APIs||IBM z-Series mainframe||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Software Framwork||ITIL||No||1||Intermediate||Within 2 Years||2 - 4 Years|| || |
|Specialties||NIST Security||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 1 Year||4 - 6 Years|| || |
|Specialties||eGRC solutions||No||1||Intermediate||Within 1 Year||1 - 2 Years|| || |
|Additional Skills:||REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):|
1. 5+ years of Hands-on experience in I.T. working with and/or auditing IBM System 390/zSeries, Windows, Linux, Databases (Relational and Non-Relational), Networking Infrastructure and Web-based Applications.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior experience working within a FISMA compliant program.
2. Prior experience in working with any eGRC systems.
3. Prior Health Information Technology experience.
4. Prior ITIL experience in Information Security Management.