What you’ll be doing...
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) is part of Verizon Legal reporting up to the Chief Information Security Office (CISO). The mission of the GSOC is to protect the brand equity of Verizon by communicating cyber intelligence to decision makers via three key processes:
- Data Collection.
- Event Analysis.
- Information Reporting.
You’ll handle day-to-day triage, investigation, and mitigation of security threats, as well as short-notice ad hoc work, and see them through to completion. You’ll provide critical value to the RSA Security Analytics management service, leveraging their extensive knowledge to provide context about security events. Providing recommendations for remediation actions and suggestions for implementing best practices, you’ll improve standard processes and procedures. And you’ll play a key role in helping us protect our business and our customers.
- Performing active real-time security monitoring.
- Conducting advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events.
- Providing log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions.
- Developing internal and external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports.
- Coordinating with Senior Analysts and/or Duty Manager for high priority incidents.
- Managing inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Identifying customer’s needs, clarify information, research issues and providing solutions.
- Keep records of conversation and actions in ticket a tracking system.
- Provide support to external customers:
- Verifying network connectivity path via appropriate testing methods.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues associated with data collection.
- Supporting customer receipt and comprehension of collected information.
- Proactively contacting customer if issues are identified.
- Proactively making suggestions and improvements to individual customer data collection methods.
- Assist in customer/stakeholder meeting and agendas.
- Work on assigned projects given by Management or Director.
- Brief Manager and Director during ad hoc and scheduled staff meetings on operations & projects through written reports, metrics, presentations, & casework.
- Promote an environment of collaboration and individual accountably.
- Research and provide information related to recently identified cyber security issues.
- Troubleshoot/Assist team in issues that may arise in the Operations Center.
- Ensure the integrity of Verizon and GSOC are upheld at all times.
The position works 24x7 in 3 shifts. In addition, irregular hours may be required in response to important projects or operational emergencies.
This position will require 24/7 on-call readiness as directed by GSOC management.as directed by GSOC management.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including a compressed work week, shift work (including rotating shifts), days, nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with SIEM platforms, such as Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing.
- Strong network, TCP/IP and endpoint skills.
- Linux and scripting experience.
- Knowledge of databases and windows processes.
- Strong knowledgeof attack vectors and how systems are compromised.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and handle competing interests.
- Experience performing QA functions.
- Ability to produce and publish quality technical documentation and communicate information to teams, customers, and management.
- Experience with networks, network architecture, and interpreting log data.
- Knowledge of current cyber security tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience conducting security research and development of security solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, data wrangling skills, and data evaluation skills.
- One or more of the following credentials:
- Network+ and/or A+and/or Security+.
- Splunk Core Certified User / Power User.
- SANS GCIA, GCIH, GREM or GPEN.
- ITIL Foundations training / certification.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.