Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a Security Analyst to work within one of our large clients in the Columbia, SC area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Brooke Hileman at BHileman@apexsystems.com if you're interested in learning more about this role! To view all jobs from Apex, and/or sign up to receive posting alerts that match your criteria, join our Talent Network via http://itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com/.
HANDS-ON experience with any of the following would be considered a desirable for this position:
* Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
* Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
* Cloud service security
* Big Data solutions
* Network or Host based Intrusion Prevention
* Linux Engineering
* Network Engineering
* Layer 7 firewall tuning
* Infrastructure hardening to regulatory frameworks
Security Program Experience:
Experience with CMS MARS-E or other FISMA Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliant programs is not required, but may be considered desirable in the event that strong parity in technical skills is identified in multiple candidates.
Experience in security as related to multi-tenant, cloud services and vendor interface management would be desirable for this position.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of network security and compliance solutions
2. Provide HANDS-ON support of Security Systems and Software
3. Mentor and share knowledge with junior teammates to increase the value of the team
4. Create procedure documentation to support new systems as they are built
5. Look for opportunities to automate any repetitive tasks
6. Participate in third-party audits and/or assessments of agency and business partner systems
7. Continually improve existing technologies under our control to be more effective
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Deep technical knowledge of secure system design principles, security architecture, network and system
compliance tools, data protection schemes and access models
2. 5+ years of HANDS-ON experience in large enterprise systems implementation and support
3. Ability to independently research and troubleshoot technology problems
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior experience in working with any distributed logging systems.
2. Prior Health Information Technology experience.
3. Strong working knowledge of FISMA, NIST, CMS MARS-E and HIPAA Security and Privacy.
1. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline. Equivalent experience will be considered for
candidates with strong HANDS-ON experience.
2. Security+ or equivalent certification is required
1. CCNA or higher level networking certification
2. Microsoft, Linux or other platform certification
3. ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178